Table of Contents. Related Content. This work is a detailed documentation of the Neo-Aramaic dialect spoken by Assyrian Christians in the region of Urmi northwestern-Iran. It consists of four volumes. Volumes 1 and 2 are descriptions of the grammar of the dialect, including the phonology, morphology and syntax. Volume 3 contains a study of the lexicon, consisting of a series of lists of words in various lexical fields and a full dictionary with etymologies.
Volume 4 contains transcriptions and translations of oral texts, including folktales and descriptions of culture and history. The Urmi dialect is the most important dialect among the Assyrian Christian communities, since it forms the basis of a widely-used literary form of Neo-Aramaic. Author: Richard Davey. Using data collected during , Richard Davey delivers an overview of the phonology, morphology and syntax of this variety. In addition to this, a lexicon of coastal Dhofari Arabic is provided, along with a discussion of its grammaticalized features. It is a timely account of a dialect that is endangered due to development, modernization, and the resulting social changes in Dhofar.
Corpus of Soqotri Oral Literature Volume 2. If you want NextDay, we can save the other items for later. Yes—Save my other items for later. No—I want to keep shopping.
- Demonology and Witchcraft: With Special Reference to Modern Spiritualism, So-called, and the Doctrines of Demons!
- Handbook of Poultry Science and Technology, Volume 2.
- Related books and articles?
- Species Concepts and Phylogenetic Theory!
- About This Item?
- Invisible Hands, Russian Experience, and Social Science: Approaches to Understanding Systemic Failure;
- Related Content.
Order by , and we can deliver your NextDay items by. In your cart, save the other item s for later in order to get NextDay delivery. We moved your item s to Saved for Later. There was a problem with saving your item s for later. You can go to cart and save for later there.
Average rating: 0 out of 5 stars, based on 0 reviews Write a review. Tell us if something is incorrect. Out of stock. Get In-Stock Alert. Delivery not available. Scholarships, Grants and Prizes Assyrian Library.
- The Cambridge Companion to Newton (Cambridge Companions to Philosophy).
- White Teacher: Second Edition?
- 3D Printing for Architects with MakerBot!
- We Built Up Our Lives: Education and Community among Jewish Refugees Interned by Britain in World War II.
- Daughter of Troy: A Magnificent Saga of Courage, Betrayal, Devotion, and Destiny.
- U.S. Army OPERATORS MANUAL FOR TEST SET, ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS,TS-4348/UV,TM 11–5855–299–12&P.
- The Neo-Aramaic Dialect of the Assyrian Christians of Urmi (4 vols) | brill.
Please consider the environment when disposing of this material — read, reuse, recycle. This history website is currently being developed, beginning with the , and sections. Select a time period from above to view the articles or search the Assyrian History Timeline. Do you have rare Assyrian photographs, manuscripts, magazines, journals, books, letters and other related information to present and preserve within this Assyrian History Timeline? Please send them.
Aramaic Studies | ecejyredagij.ml
Assyrian History Editors' Note: Important message about these documents. Assyrian History Timeline.
Forums: History Activism.